10 Questions, 11 Amazing Ladies representin' Camer on the www...Let's go!
1) Your Names? Cynthia A.
3) When did you start blogging? October 2010
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I was literally addicted to Etsy at the time and wanted to highlight my favorite independent artisans, designers etc.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Chill, comfortable, chic.
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Blues, pink and white.
7) 3 Best online stores? Asos, Zara, jcrew factory.
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? I loved Kirette couture, but most of my Cameroonian wear is sewn back home by my mum (not literally- she has different tailors she uses).
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? I think they're doing amazing things already. I love to see those who are embracing social media strategies for promoting their designs and I hope to see more high caliber web presence. I personally love to see professionally designed online stores which make for a good shopping experience.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? Be patient, be true to yourself, be consistent. Don't compare yourself but do steal ideas from the best.
1) Your Names? Muke Metuge Ndando Alison
2) Location? Windsor, Canada
3) When did you start blogging? I started blogging in March 2013
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? Well the name of my blog is Alison’s Let’s talk fashion. And I named it that way coz my main aim of starting my blog was to give fashion advice and tips on how to dress and be fashion forward. Lol sorry I went over the 2 line requirement.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Wow it is not easy to describe my style in 3 words coz it always changes according to my mood and the occasion. But I will say Urban chic, classy and versatile
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Awww this is easy Coral orange, Neon green / bluish green and monochrome (Black and white). Love love loveeee!!!
7) 3 Best online stores? Sincerely, I don’t shop online a lot. But I will say Boohoo, Misguided and Zara. They are always current on trends and are very affordable
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? Ermm! Woow!. Well I don’t really have a lot of African wears and all those I have were designed by me. And since I am not officially a Designer yet! I don’t know if call myself. The dress below was designed by me but Sewn by my friend, fashion designer and C.E.O of Afroshic – Reneta Ndisang. Please check out her designers on her fb page- Afroshic. Trust me, she is really good. I will also be launching my line sometime this here so stay tuned to my blog and fb page
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? All I can say is, be true to your brand, try to make unique, quality and affordable designs. Most importantly, design clothes that people can actually wear coz some designers design clothes are only good for the runway.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? To new fashion bloggers like me, try to keep your blog up to date by blogging often, Come up with more interesting posts, stay true to your style, use as many social networks as possible to promote your blog (facebook, twitter, instagram etc etc), make sure your fashion is on point #Killing it. For more tips check out this post by a fellow Cameroonian Fashion Blogger: Brenda Chuinkam
Thanks for having me I Rep Camer, hope I didn’t talk too much lol. #OneLove
1) Your Names? Sandra Kemayou
2) Location? I currently reside in Maryland, USA.
3) When did you start blogging? I started Camerlifestyle on May 17th of this year.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? We needed a name that would grow with us. Camer is short for cameroon and lifestyle can be anything that defines us as a country (culture, style, traditions, weddings...).
5) Your Style in 3 words? Girly, edgy, and forever changing.
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? I love orange and yellow.
7) 3 Best online stores? I shop everywhere but my favorite store right now is ASOS.
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? We have a lot of talented designers and it was not an easy task to choose one. I have to say that my favorite is Afroshic clothing . They are based in Cameroon.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Follow your instincts and go for quality at all cost. Also, Know that your gift will make room for you.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? I would say to make good use of your resources. Network and don't be afraid to approach people and ask for advice. There is enough room at the top for everyone. www.camerlifestyle.com
2) Location? Toronto,Canada
3) When did you start blogging? 2011 but actively started in 2012
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I struggled with my weight throughout my teenage years and was obese...then I did a bunch of diets (some of them bad) and got way too skinny and the weight just crept back on...so I discovered that my body will never permit me to be skinny!(and that's the short version) haha.z
5) Your Style in 3 words? COLOUR MEETS PRINT
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? White, gold, green.
7) 3 Best online stores? asos,boohoo,luulus,forever21,zara,topshop,aldo
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? My Kente Skirt by Toronto-based designer;Zeena Kay
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Hmm, I say try and promote yourself more. We never know about designers because I find that they don't have websites or blogs or Facebook Fan pages...
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? I have a lot but I'll just say take clear photos-if you wouldn't like to see it on someone else's blog, why put it on yours?
1) Your Names?Marion Kang
2) Location? Maryland, USA
3) When did you start blogging?I started blogging in May of 2008.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I started blogging right after the birth of my baby, I was having a hard time coming up with a name. I had several discussions with friends including my husband and I finally came up with the name Enter My Closet. It incorporates my style and others that inspire my style.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Simple, Classy, Chic
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? yellow, blue, red
7) 3 Best online stores? fashion fix section of saks.com, bluefly.com and Zara.com
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? A yellow jumpsuit made by my Cameroonian friend/sister of Zeena Kay designs. Based in Canada.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Follow your heart and let your work speak for itself.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? I was unsure of what advise to give lol. Ultimately you have to love fashion. You vision on what is fashionable or your fashion discussions or topics may not be embraced by everyone but don't give up. Keep doing what you love and do research that will draw your current followers and future followers to your blog.
1) Your Names? Adeline Sede Kamga
2) Location? Birmingham United Kingdom
3) When did you start blogging? 04/2010
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? African and fabulous. Even when something African isn't fabulous, we bring in innovation and suggest recommendations
5) Your Style in 3 words? Comfortable, identifiable, edgy!
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Orange, royal blue and green
7) 3 Best online stores? lazoto cameroon, next online, myasho.com
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? I love Kibonen NY. She blends tradition and contemporary fashion to create a unique style.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Finishes!!!! Please work on your finishes and pricing should be moderate. If you are not internationally known, don't try to sell like an international best seller
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? Ask for image permission before you publish please. People spend money to put a creative shoot together. Make sure it is your shoot or it is credited! It is alright to content share, especially if you are doing it for the right reason! Encourage your fellow bloggers, there is enough room for everyone!
1) Your Names? Cynthia Anduhtabe
2) Location? London, England
3) When did you start blogging? I started blogging in 2008.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? I have 2 blogs; “Dulce Camer” represents 2 of my passions – languages and Cameroon. It literally translates as “Sweet Cameroon” in Spanish.
My other blog “Fah-schyon” - is who I am everyday! I am very much driven and excited by the creativity and talents in the African fashion industry especially and I love love love fashion!
5) Your Style in 3 words? Colour, Colour, Colour!!!
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Royal blue, Orange and Teal
7) 3 Best online stores? I don’t have favourite online spots I shop at. I am an ardent net surfer and love shopping on lots of different sites from across the world!!
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? My favourite piece by a Cameroonian designer at the moment is my “Saville Row” dress from the Spring/Summer “Vigour” collection By Liiber London; a label ran by Anrette Ngafor and Ade Akinyele. The dress is gorgeously made and the fabric and style is so delicate yet feminine and uber stylish!! I feel exquisite wearing it.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Know your product and most importantly know who you are marketing it to. Ensure the quality and your overall customer focus is second to none.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? Find an area within the industry that you are passionate about and keep it moving! The public is always looking for information so contribute to their education.
Twitter; @Brownschuga / @ModeMaisonPR
1) Your Names? We just go by TT and AT of Glow by MONAT's blog.
2) Location? TT- Yaounde Cameroon. AT- Pearland TX USA
3) When did you start blogging? We started blogging in 2011
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name? The name of the blog is derived from a combination of certain potions of both our names..that is; MONAT-- MON for Monique, and AT for Atem .We added "Glow" cuz it reflects our personalities. We love everything that indicates joy and happiness and we just feel like each one of us created by God has the ability to contribute their own share of the light n joy put in them...hence glow, for the brighter side of life!
5) Your Style in 3 words?
AT- Classic, bold and dynamic (and i'll add sassy).
TT- simple (casual), dynamic, sometimes sassy.
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013?
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013?
AT- Emerald, nectarine,lemon zest and tender shoots( i know u said 3,for some reason i keep giving 4!!....lol)
TT- African violets, emerald, dusk blue
7) 3 Best online stores?
7) 3 Best online stores?
TT-- I don't shop online that much.
AT - Wet Seal, Heavenly couture, Shopstyle
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? We both love the Afroshic's designs!!
AT- I also love this designer based in Houston TX,she is new and i have been wearing a lot of her designs lately.It's actually one of her designs I have on the photo. It's called Beri Line Fashion designs....you won't know how good the designs look until you have it on!! you can check them out on facebook .
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Well, truth is, there are so many designers out there...and if u are just starting, you might get discouraged that some designers are already really popular and what are the chances that you'll get noticed and even get to the level of having your own runway show??....our advice is follow your passion,follow your heart.design unique outfits, do your thing, have your own style,keep up with the fashion trends each season..it's important you do what you do, cuz only you can do it!!
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? In addition to fashion blogging,which is the most part of our blog, we also have entertainment and lifestyle.Fashion blogging is so much fun!!...if you just started, it might seem like a lot of work,but don't give up!...it gets better every single time and you'll learn a lot about so many things...the secret is just to keep it fun!!
1) Your Names? Ruth Tembe-Epie
2) Location? Lagos/Accra
3) When did you start the magazine? I started QUEENS Magazine in November 2011.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the name? I felt that women in Africa especially and around the globe need to be celebrated, honored and encouraged to be their best. I wanted to hail and support those who are courageous and brave enough to change our world for the better amidst all the setbacks. QUEENS Magazine is like their supporting system, it is to uplift the woman’s spirit, encourage her to press on no matter what.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Classy yet sexy.
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Yellow, Violet and Red.
7) 3 Best online stores? dx.com - for electronic gadgets. Amazon.com – for books Brandalley.com and many others for fashionable clothing.
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? VA by Virginie Ayissi catches my breathe every time. She fuses fine leather and satin with other fabrics to give you an edgy look which will make everything in a room pause as soon as you get in. I will wear her designs in all seasons.
9) Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Be original, be edgy, be different that’s how the world notices you. Think Glamour and Elegance when creating those outfits …with a Cameroonian touch of course!
10) Advice/tips for new (fashion) bloggers? Not easy at all, you must love fashion, style and all things chic , basically, you must have an eye for what is fashionable and what is not. You must have the resources needed – (time, money for research and energy) to run a good blog or E-zine or website. Be mindful of your target group and give them just what they want. Lastly you must persist if you want to grow.
1) Your Names? Yenih Stephanie Ngwabo
2) Location? Manchester, UK.
3) When did you start blogging? I started blogging precisely on the 10th of February, 2010.
4) 2 line version of the story behind the blog name?I came up with the name Yenih's World because my name Yenih in Foumban means 'seeing is believing'. So I wanted a unique blog name to rightly represent me and my many passions.
5) Your Style in 3 words? Classy-trendy(2in1 lol), vintage and tomboyish chic.
6) 3 Fav colours for Spring/Summer 2013? Emerald, Fuschia and Mustard...team #237 all the way.
7) 3 Best online stores? Asos, Office and errrrmmm...will get back to you on that one.
8) Fav Outfit by a Cameroonian Designer? Loved Kirette Couture collections. The toghu and vibrant colours did it for me. So now my favs are KibonenNY and Liiber London.
9)Few words for up and coming Cameroonian designers? Be creative, be unique and be a trend-setter and not a trend-follower. You'd always have a place in the fashion industry with these qualities.
10) Advice/tips for new fashion bloggers? Always tap into your creative boldness and whenever you fall short (which will happen from time to time), let your heart do the blogging.Thanks so much for letting me do this.I had so much fun. Team #237
This a good one for up and coming Camer Designers..The message: Promote Yourself, Quality is Key, Customer Focus, Set the Trend, Be creative, Be original, Make your products Available.
Thumbs up Ladies and thank you for keeping the green red yellow flag high on the www. Now that you know more about your Camer Bloggers & Publishers....Get BlogLovin'